NGEMC offers financing loans, rebates, and incentives through TVA's EnergyRight program.
Incentives and Financing
Low interest, fixed-rate financing is available on energy efficient heat pumps installed through NGEMC’s TVA EnergyRight® Program.
Installations are made by a member of the TVA Quality Contractor Network® and inspected by a TVA energy technician.
No penalty for early pay-off; monthly installments are added to your electric bill.
We also finance attic insulation and duct work (without heat pump installation).
*Rebates are available through TVA beginning on October 1, 2023. Call NGEMC for more details.
Want to fill out an application for NGEMC’sTVA EnergyRight® Program? Find the application here.
9 steps to financing your energy efficient heat pump
- Visit energyright.com/residential or call 1 (855) 237-2673 to obtain an EnergyRight ID number.
- To apply for a heat pump loan at any of our four offices:
- Bring your EnergyRight ID number, which will be included on the application for financing;
- Bring a copy of your property warranty deed, as recorded with the county clerk, and your driver’s license or official picture identification;
- The applicant must be the primary NGEMC account holder and own the property where the heat pump will be installed;
- Each party who signs the application must be present and have a picture identification;
- Pay a nonrefundable $25.00 application fee when you apply.
- MOBILE HOMES must be on a permanent foundation.
- REVERSE MORTGAGE HOMES must have written permission.
- TVA’s lending institution reviews your credit application. If you are approved for financing, NGEMC will mail you an Agreement to Participate which will include your loan approval number. If financing is not approved, a letter of explanation will be mailed to you.
- Sign the Agreement to Participate and send it back to NGEMC.
- For installation estimates, you may contact heat pump contractors who are listed on the Quality Contractor Network (QCN) at energyright.com. BEFORE agreeing to the estimate, you can contact NGEMC's Energy Services team for your monthly installment amount and breakdown.
- NGEMC will file a Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Financing Statement with the county where your property is located.
- After your heat pump contractor submits the invoice to NGEMC, you will be contacted to visit your local NGEMC office to sign additional paperwork.
- Once you sign the paperwork, you have three business days (excluding holidays) to cancel the loan and make a direct payment to the contractor.
- Loan payments are added to your NGEMC account and will appear on each monthly bill.