July 12, 2019
To plan, analyze, recommend, install, support and manage the Cooperative’s systems and servers. To provide and account for hardware and software maintenance, licensing, and documentation; to manage software and hardware installation; to create custom code and forms to meet the Cooperative’s business needs and to provide Enterprise Application support.
- 2-3 years equivalent experience in a related field, or technical diploma or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of server operating systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of VMware
- Demonstrated knowledge of the utilization, operation and maintenance of computer and related electronic data processing equipment
- Good knowledge of general programming techniques as applied to electronic data processing equipment
- 4-5 years equivalent experience in a related field, or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems
- Ensures that all system backups are completed and verified for data integrity.
- Administers and maintains Linux job scheduling.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate security and configuration changes.
- Works with all users to ensure that the system is providing the results that are needed and makes and/or requests program changes to help achieve this result.
- Maintains a current and broad general knowledge of all System applications to function as a resource to other departments.
- Conducts product evaluations of upgraded or new hardware and software identifying strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits.
- Procures, configures, and installs server hardware and software.
- Maintains current knowledge of server operating systems.
- Responsible for performing all system updates for the purpose of system stability and security.
- Supports existing servers, systems to include but not limited to: CIS/Billing, Document Imaging, Meter Management system software, CRC, Security Monitoring/Access Control, Telephony Servers, E-mail, GIS, SQL Database(s), File/Print, Active Directory, etc.
- Monitors and maintains datacenter environment.
- Provides customer support to all levels of computer users in a timely manner, assisting them to effectively utilize computer systems, networks, and PC peripherals.
- Assists in the installation of new software and hardware components on all cooperative servers and user PCs.
- Assists, as necessary, with hardware and application training for end users.
- Aids with the maintenance of equipment specifications, model and serial number information, warranty information, and licensing documentation for all company personal computers and applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills for effective interaction with other personnel, both public and private consultants.
- The ability to reason analytically and relate theoretical concepts to actual needs.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work situations and priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in different personal computer operating environments.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with minimal supervision.
- The ability to obtain and/or maintain a valid Georgia driver's license.
- The ability to learn North Georgia EMC’s policies and procedures.
- The ability to satisfactorily pass North Georgia EMC’s pre-employment, post-offer physical examination and drug screen.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities (some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees). Requires physical ability in reaching, stooping, standing, walking, lifting, must be able to lift small objects with the fingers, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive operations, and defined sedentary work. Visual acuity required with administrative machine operation.
General office environment; requires the flexibility to work irregular hours for assignment completion; requires the ability to work during emergency situations and availability during inclement weather.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO APPLICANTS
- All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, political affiliation, labor organization affiliation, marital status, or other non-merit factors.
- Travel expense will be paid by the applicant.
- Relocation expenses, if any, will not be paid by North Georgia EMC.