Water Heater Replacement incentives available to qualifying customers through the TVA Energy Right Solutions Water Heater Program.
Small commercial customers may also be eligible for water heater replacement incentives.
Federal tax credits make it more economical to install energy-efficiency measures in your home. See which water heaters qualify for federal tax credits under the stimulus bill.
Rebates in the form of bill credits are available to qualifying NGEMC customers who replace their old water heaters in existing homes. Customers must meet the following requirements before bill credits can be applied.
- Provide proof-of-purchase within 60 days of purchase along with model and serial number and proof from manufacturer or retailer that water heater is all-electric, has a DOE minimum energy factor of 0.86 and has a minimum tank size of 30 gallons.
- Complete and sign rebate application -- application is subject to approval.
- Water heater must be installed at location designated on account to be credited.
- Water heater is subject to onsite validation inspection.
- Limit one to two water heaters per household.
(For single family dwellings)
$25 Bill Credit: Replace water heater with a standard electric water heater
$50 Bill Credit: Replace water heater with a qualifying high-efficiency electric water heater
High Efficiency Water Heater
- Must have a minimum tank warranty of 10 years and an energy factor of 0.90 or higher,
- May also be classified as a heat pump/water heater,
- or, may be classified as an integrated water heating system that combines water heating with the heating/cooling system.
For more information, log onto www.energyright.com and click Water Heaters.