Apply for Service
To apply for service online, an applicant should note the following:
- Do not complete the online form if your request for service is within 2 business days.
Instead, please come into one of our offices or call your nearest NGEMC office for same day or next day service. Office hours are 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday for Dalton, Fort Oglethorpe, and Calhoun. Trion is open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- After NGEMC receives your activation request, you will be contacted by email regarding your account number and any fees and deposit that will be required before your electric service is connected.
Residential New Construction: Please click here to learn more about establishing electrical service.
Commercial New Construction: Please click here to learn more about establishing electrical service.
Click here to print an application
Click here to complete and submit an electronic application
To apply for service in any of our district offices during normal business hours, an applicant should bring the following items:
- Two forms of acceptable identification, one of which must be a government-issued photo identification.
- If you are renting, a rent receipt, lease agreement or landlord's name and phone number is required.
- New applicants will pay a membership fee along with any required deposit and service fees.
For information regarding Application for Membership and Electric Service, please read our Service Rules and Regulations, specifically Sections 101, 102, 103 and Appendix A (Deposit Policy), or call Member Services at any of our four offices.
A service connect fee is required for temporary service. Customer must supply temporary pole and disconnect box, and can pick up a meter base at one of our local offices.